Info on rope pumps to be found at below URL's
Research done by Chintu Hendriks, nov 2007
Below items are indicated with an (Done) when the link is more elaboratory published at this place
NGO's that initiate practical application
Institutes that publish development info
Single user reports
- Technical Brief No.35: Low-lift irrigation pumps, Source: Waterlines, Volume 11, Number 3, January 1993, pp. 15-18(4), Publisher: Practical Action Publishing
Alternative water pumping systems
- WHO, World Health Organization, extensive and systematic description of function and application of most water pumping systems: http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/hygiene/om/linkingch
- AOV International is a leading manufacturer of community deep/shallow well water hand pumps. Their pumps conform to the required relevant national and International standards. They are an ISO 9001: 2000 certified company
- Treadle Pumps http://www.aovinternational.com/treadle-pump.html
- Simple design for convenient installation, usage and transportation from one site to another.
- Suitable for irrigation of up to 0.5 hectares of land.
- Easy foot-operated suction pump, comfortable stepping motion with minimum effort.
- Fully Hot Dip Galvanized Steel Body, piston cups/seals of nitrile rubber, treadles and baseboard of good quality painted wood.
- High capacity pumping with 2 cylinders for continuous flow of water from ground level to depths upto 7 meters.
- Capable of pumping from 5000 litres of water per hour.